Komodo may be off 7Wonders list after RI nixes payment
The Jakarta Post
Komodo National Park would likely get dropped as a New7Wonders of Nature candidate after Indonesia refused to pay a US$10 million fee required by the competition’s organizer, according to the government.
Culture and Tourism Minister Jero Wacik said on Monday that Indonesia decided to decline hosting the ceremony announcing the competition’s winners since it was too costly.
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Empty Jakarta during Idul Fitri serves as Instagrammable photo opportunity
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies aged 62
- One dead, five wounded in Malmo shooting: police
- Tourism's fatal warning