SBY vows to protect palm oil interests
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
While preparing to enforce a moratorium on forest-clearing, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono said palm oil plantation firms could venture into deforested lands to expand their businesses.
The President made the statement during a meeting on Thursday with business leaders from the Indonesian Palm Oil Producers Association (Gapki) to discuss issues surrounding the forest-clearing moratorium...
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- Danny McBride to play Crocodile Dundee's son in new movie
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor