SBY vows to protect palm oil interests
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
While preparing to enforce a moratorium on forest-clearing, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono said palm oil plantation firms could venture into deforested lands to expand their businesses.
The President made the statement during a meeting on Thursday with business leaders from the Indonesian Palm Oil Producers Association (Gapki) to discuss issues surrounding the forest-clearing moratorium...
- Rihanna is named Harvard University Humanitarian of the Year
- Indonesia prepares company to manage Freeport
- Bandung terrorist suspect was 'recidivist': Police
- Freeport needs to stand up to Indonesia over the CoW issue
- NGO urges King Salman not to forget his promises to crane victims
- Philippine militants release video of German's beheading
- Indonesian woman shocked to find kidney had been removed after working in Qatar
- Anies, Ahok to face off in second round: KPU Jakarta
- Indonesia can embrace clean energy amid cheaper renewables, says UK climate envoy
- Six ways to identify an authentic Padang restaurant