SBY vows to protect palm oil interests
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
While preparing to enforce a moratorium on forest-clearing, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono said palm oil plantation firms could venture into deforested lands to expand their businesses.
The President made the statement during a meeting on Thursday with business leaders from the Indonesian Palm Oil Producers Association (Gapki) to discuss issues surrounding the forest-clearing moratorium...
- The life lessons of ‘Goblin'
- Theater show about Maluku's Run Island to be performed in New York
- Domestic finance won't cost the Earth
- Mercedes-Benz begins local assembly of CKD E-Class
- Mother of deceased UII student files police report over alleged bullying
- PLN gives Pertamina more time in Java 1 project
- No Thousand Islands resident listening took offense: Ahok's cameraman
- Indonesian seafarer’s death highlights Taiwan interpreter shortage
- Eyewitness refuses to conclude Ahok committed blasphemy
- Newly-wedded Korean idols Rain, Kim Tae Hee arrive in Bali for honeymoon