SBY vows to protect palm oil interests
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
While preparing to enforce a moratorium on forest-clearing, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono said palm oil plantation firms could venture into deforested lands to expand their businesses.
The President made the statement during a meeting on Thursday with business leaders from the Indonesian Palm Oil Producers Association (Gapki) to discuss issues surrounding the forest-clearing moratorium...
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- NGO sues Indonesian government over Ahmadiyah persecution
- Bumi Resources finally obtains effective statement to restructure debt
- Guard allows theft of prison van, multiple collisions follow
- Digital tourist center now open in Soekarno-Hatta’s Terminal 3
- South Sulawesi to host Bira Beach Run
- Police to question media mogul Hary Tanoe as suspect in alleged threat against prosecutor
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- No serious issues during this year’s Idul Fitri exodus: Police
- Sandiaga opposes expanding motorcycle ban to more Jakarta thoroughfares