SBY vows to protect palm oil interests
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
While preparing to enforce a moratorium on forest-clearing, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono said palm oil plantation firms could venture into deforested lands to expand their businesses.
The President made the statement during a meeting on Thursday with business leaders from the Indonesian Palm Oil Producers Association (Gapki) to discuss issues surrounding the forest-clearing moratorium...
- Golkar to announce candidates for 2018 regional elections this month
- SM Entertainment releases statement over Taeyeon's airport incident
- 'Wiro Sableng 212' strives to define Indonesian films
- Rizieq wants to go home after being questioned in Saudi
- Jokowi signs election bill into law
- Anambas Islands to finish airport expansion in September
- SEA Games Malaysia: Agus Prayogo wins men’s marathon silver
- Prison expansion sought to solve overcrowding problem
- TNI commander Gatot moves closer to Muslim groups
- Lombok to host Ampenan Old Town Cultural Festival