SBY vows to protect palm oil interests
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
While preparing to enforce a moratorium on forest-clearing, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono said palm oil plantation firms could venture into deforested lands to expand their businesses.
The President made the statement during a meeting on Thursday with business leaders from the Indonesian Palm Oil Producers Association (Gapki) to discuss issues surrounding the forest-clearing moratorium...
- Christie's to auction rare watch once owned by Egyptian king
- Freeport has cost $13 billion losses in environmental damage, says BPK
- Tax office eyes 14m taxpayers' annual reports this year
- Canned sardines contaminated with thread worms, BPOM confirms
- E-cigarettes more likely to get people started on smoking: Study
- Brunei, Indonesia work on new hybrid paddy varieties
- Piles of trash continue to flow onto Tangerang shore
- Marine personnel rebuild roads, houses ahead of naval exercises
- PDI-P strengthens ties with Golkar
- Jakarta to see medium rain but remain hot during equinox