Seeking low-carbon energy security for Asia-Pacific
Dennis Blair and Satya W. Yudha
The disaster that struck Japan, putting a question mark on the safety of nuclear energy, coupled with spiking oil prices is pushing energy security to the top of the regional agenda. Moreover, this month China has endorsed its 12th Five-Year Plan, with the goal of sustaining its phenomenal pace of economic growth, while addressing climate change and environmental issues.
China is at the ep...
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- The charm of Disney on Ice
- New York to ban cars from Manhattan's Central Park