Agency urges families to leave volcano
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Residents living near Mt. Merapi should be evacuated because the volcano will remain active for the next century at least, the National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB) says.
The BNPB said an exclusion zone of 1,300 hectares spanning Sleman regency, Yogyakarta and 10 hectares around Balerante village in Kemalang Klaten district, Central Java, should be established.
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Government to crack down on fake supporters of Pancasila
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- International Al Azhar conference promotes moderate Islam, tolerance
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money