Agency urges families to leave volcano
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Residents living near Mt. Merapi should be evacuated because the volcano will remain active for the next century at least, the National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB) says.
The BNPB said an exclusion zone of 1,300 hectares spanning Sleman regency, Yogyakarta and 10 hectares around Balerante village in Kemalang Klaten district, Central Java, should be established.
- Only 4 of 6 US-granted F-16s arrive in Indonesia amid engine trouble
- Anies unaware of lunch meeting with mass organizations
- Jakarta Council Speaker urges Anies to focus on work
- Lazada.co.id to expand warehouses, merchants
- No escape: Climate displacement in Indonesia
- Activists slam Jokowi for lip service on human rights cases
- Four arrested over alleged plan to attack police in Riau
- Bali's rumbling volcano slashes peak Christmas tourist numbers
- MRT, LRT projects cause floods in Jakarta: Anies
- Water inundates Cawang underpass, Jakarta council building