Agency urges families to leave volcano
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Residents living near Mt. Merapi should be evacuated because the volcano will remain active for the next century at least, the National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB) says.
The BNPB said an exclusion zone of 1,300 hectares spanning Sleman regency, Yogyakarta and 10 hectares around Balerante village in Kemalang Klaten district, Central Java, should be established.
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Riau ups wildfire alert status
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- 3 factories on Bekasi riverbank do not have permit to dispose of liquid waste
- Government to set new coal price formula next week
- Jakarta-Bandung high speed train fares may reach Rp 500,000
- Big Bad Wolf returns to Jakarta in March
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers