Sikka weft textiles: A tribute to weaving women
The Jakarta Post
Local pride: A woman weaver holds up one of her ikat in Watublapi village in Sikka, 30 kilometers from the largest city in Flores, East Nusa TenggaraOn the hillside of Watublapi village in Sikka, 30 kilometers from the largest city in Flores, East Nusa Tenggara, a number of women meticulously weave some of the worldâ€™s most refined and elaborate warp ikat textiles.
Thanks to these womenâ€...
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- A world without America
- Beijing's new airport comes with new construction tech
- Indonesia to invite Kim Jong-un, Moon Jae-in to attend Asiad
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Under fire, Trump says he misspoke on Russia election meddling
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world