Sikka weft textiles: A tribute to weaving women
The Jakarta Post
Local pride: A woman weaver holds up one of her ikat in Watublapi village in Sikka, 30 kilometers from the largest city in Flores, East Nusa TenggaraOn the hillside of Watublapi village in Sikka, 30 kilometers from the largest city in Flores, East Nusa Tenggara, a number of women meticulously weave some of the worldâ€™s most refined and elaborate warp ikat textiles.
Thanks to these womenâ€...
- Indonesian man found dead in belly of 7m-long python
- Snake eats human in Sulawesi, under pressure of deforestation: Expert
- EDITORIAL: Separating faith and state
- Indonesia, France talk about palm oil and aircraft industry
- Police ready to handle large anti-Ahok rally this week
- Fears for Indonesian park's rare species as Trump town rises
- Ahok's controversial speech not aimed at wooing voters: Expert
- Lion Air co-founder awarded Légion d'Honneur
- Police call on protesters to stay away from election-related political issues
- West Nusa Tenggara governor named special envoy for breastfeeding