Sikka weft textiles: A tribute to weaving women
The Jakarta Post
Local pride: A woman weaver holds up one of her ikat in Watublapi village in Sikka, 30 kilometers from the largest city in Flores, East Nusa TenggaraOn the hillside of Watublapi village in Sikka, 30 kilometers from the largest city in Flores, East Nusa Tenggara, a number of women meticulously weave some of the worldâ€™s most refined and elaborate warp ikat textiles.
Thanks to these womenâ€...
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- Trump team claims Mueller 'unlawfully' collected emails
- In Jordan, Iraqi Christians dream of fresh start abroad
- Frenchman breaks new record for sailing solo around the world
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president