Sikka weft textiles: A tribute to weaving women
The Jakarta Post
Local pride: A woman weaver holds up one of her ikat in Watublapi village in Sikka, 30 kilometers from the largest city in Flores, East Nusa TenggaraOn the hillside of Watublapi village in Sikka, 30 kilometers from the largest city in Flores, East Nusa Tenggara, a number of women meticulously weave some of the worldâ€™s most refined and elaborate warp ikat textiles.
Thanks to these womenâ€...
- Rizieq wants to go home after being questioned in Saudi
- SEA Games Malaysia: Agus Prayogo wins men’s marathon silver
- Golkar to announce candidates for 2018 regional elections this month
- 'Wiro Sableng 212' strives to define Indonesian films
- Anambas Islands to finish airport expansion in September
- Jokowi signs election bill into law
- SM Entertainment releases statement over Taeyeon's airport incident
- Aceh highlights traditional cuisine to promote halal tourism
- South Korean national involved in fatal crash in South Jakarta
- Lombok to host Ampenan Old Town Cultural Festival