RI tycoon donates $1m to UC Berkeley
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: The owner of Mayapada group and one of Indonesia’s most renowned tycoons, Tahir, has recently donated US$1 million to the University of California, Berkeley.
Receiving the donation was the university chancellor, Robert J Birgeneau.
Tahir said the donation was expected to be used to assist Indonesian students currently studying at Berkeley who were facing financial problem...
- Wealth of four richest Indonesians equal to wealth of 100m poorest
- Jokowi's visit to Australia 'special': Foreign Ministry
- COMMENTARY: Freeport's threat of arbitration simply a ploy to block mining reform
- Jokowi threatens to take action if Freeport are 'difficult'
- BI predicts lower GDP growth in first quarter
- Indonesia drafting rules to end bank secrecy
- Madame Tussauds Hong Kong to feature Jokowi wax figure this summer
- OJK to launch first green bond mechanism
- Construction of new Semanggi overpass to take only a month
- Indonesia seeks Saudi Arabia’s support to develop Sumatra tourism