RI tycoon donates $1m to UC Berkeley
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: The owner of Mayapada group and one of Indonesia’s most renowned tycoons, Tahir, has recently donated US$1 million to the University of California, Berkeley.
Receiving the donation was the university chancellor, Robert J Birgeneau.
Tahir said the donation was expected to be used to assist Indonesian students currently studying at Berkeley who were facing financial problem...
- Telkomsel website hacked
- Lame-duck Ahok sees mounting defiance
- Long marches against Ahok to continue
- KPK says it will stick to rules over investigation confidentiality
- Elephant kills tour owner in Klungkung
- US economic growth weakened to 0.7 percent in first quarter
- KPK summons Quran procurement graft suspect
- Golkar says corrupt cadres harm political targets
- Indonesian women's group issues edict against child marriage
- Right of inquiry aims to keep KPK on track: Hanura