Garuda, BII ink deal on online payment
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: PT Garuda Indonesia Tbk (Garuda) and PT Bank Internasional Indonesia Tbk (BII) have agreed a cash management deal on internet-based payment gateway Corporate Online Payment (CoOlPAY).
The agreement was signed Wednesday at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Central Jakarta by Garuda marketing and sales director M. Arif Wibowo and BII corporate banking director Rhardja Alimhamzah.
“The cooperation with BII is one of the company’s efforts to improve services to travel agents,” Wibowo said.
“It will increase our sales as well as raise the loyalty of our business partners,” he added.
He told reporters Garuda had also built cooperation for online payments with other banks such as Bank Central Asia (BCA) and Bank Mandiri.
BII senior head of global transaction services Halim Tjie Kian said after the ceremony that the bank had started the online payment gateway in 2008 with three of its corporate clients — Air Asia, Acer and Metrodata.
“There are between 60,000 and 70,000 CoOlPAY online transactions every day conducted by the bank’s corporate clients,” he said. — JP
- Grassroots war on rabies
- Good nutrition entails safe drinking water
- Award-winning comedy series ‘Silicon Valley’ returns for season 3
- Rationality, deficit in democracy
- Jokowi meets with German President, discusses death penalty
- Repair harm done to Jakarta Bay, fishermen demand
- Indonesia to learn vocational education from Germany: Minister
- 1965 victims: We don’t want communism, just reconciliation
- Cold rice balls, no flush toilets at quake-hit Japan shelter
- NU calls on govt. to reveal truth behind 1965 tragedy