The 1955 Bandung Conference and its present significance
Yayan GH Mulyana
Fifty-six years ago, on April 18-24, 1955, a conference that involved five sponsoring countries (Burma, Ceylon, India, Indonesia and Pakistan) and 24 participating countries from Asia and Africa convened in Bandung. The Bandung Conference turned out to be a historic watershed in the international relations of those countries.
Amid pressure from the growing Cold War bipolarism, those countri...
- Three drug dealers sentenced to death in Riau
- Telkom to add more Wi-Fi corners in tourist destinations
- PGI refuses to celebrate Christmas at Monas
- Singapore Airlines and SilkAir to roll out new airfare pricing
- Jakarta’s floods claim life of toddler
- Indonesia's most popular Google searches in 2017 revealed
- 1,000 police officers to guard DWP music festival
- 12 parties selected to enter factual verification process
- Indonesia among Asia Pacific countries with slowest internet connection
- Indonesia making progress in global ICT ranking