Formal sector workers still deprived of basic benefits
The Jakarta Post
Despite working for a German sports apparel company that amasses annual profits of millions of dollars, garment manufacture worker Jamiatun can barely make ends meet for her family.
After a decade of labor at the garment company, she earns a monthly salary of Rp 1.29 million (US$143). As her husband is always between jobs, living expenses and the two children’s education swallow almost al...
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- The charm of Disney on Ice
- New York to ban cars from Manhattan's Central Park