Moratorium issued to protect primary forests, peatland
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono on Thursday finally signed a policy banning the conversion of primary forest and peatland for two years as part of a government pledge to combat climate change through reducing deforestation.
With the presidential instruction, all local authorities should stop issuing forestry permits, including for plantation and mining companies eyeing businesses in prim...
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- Sony's new super-fast cameras are winning over the pros
- Iran unveils next generation missile: Media
- School boy, 14, runs for Vermont governor
- China designs spacecraft to extend lifespan of satellites
- Former S. Korea presidential hopeful acquitted in sex abuse case
- Protests at funeral for Yemeni children killed in coalition strike
- Defending territorial integrity over Natuna islands
- Fire razes Gurusina traditional village in East Nusa Tenggara