Lawmaker refuses to apologize for controversial statement
The Jakarta Post
Golkar Party politician Bambang Soesatyo denied on Friday that he had made a racially provocative statement when he accused Trade Minister Mari Elka Pangestu of favoring Chinese interests in her policies.
Bambang said Thursday that President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono had made a mistake by appointing ministers not because of their qualifications but in order to have representation from vario...
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Why the rich in Jakarta have better access to water than the poor
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- Missing giant yellow duck found in Australia
- With Rp 10 billion, what kind of home can you get in Jakarta?
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals