Lawmaker refuses to apologize for controversial statement
The Jakarta Post
Golkar Party politician Bambang Soesatyo denied on Friday that he had made a racially provocative statement when he accused Trade Minister Mari Elka Pangestu of favoring Chinese interests in her policies.
Bambang said Thursday that President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono had made a mistake by appointing ministers not because of their qualifications but in order to have representation from vario...
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- Obama’s visit to boost Indonesia’s tourism
- Bumi Resources finally obtains effective statement to restructure debt
- Police to question media mogul Hary Tanoe as suspect in alleged threat against prosecutor
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash