Pekanbaru to get 7th Adipura award
The Jakarta Post
PEKANBARU: Pekanbaru has been selected to receive its seventh consecutive Adipura award for being the cleanest city, an official said Monday.
The award will be presented by President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono at the State Palace in Jakarta on Tuesday.
The Pekanbaru administration’s acting secretary, Raja Dorman Johan, said the key to this year’s award was the
evaluation on the Bandar Raya Payung Sekaki (BRPS) bus terminal. Cleanliness at the integrated bus terminal topped other bus terminals in other cities throughout Indonesia, he said.
“The BRPS terminal was chosen as the best location in line with the evaluation of its cleanliness, physical construction, orderliness and convenience for the passengers when entering or exiting the buses,” Dorman said Monday. — JP
- NU volunteers praise Ahok for his attention to Muslims
- Beijing under no illusion Manila will pivot away from Washington
- Protesters demand Ahok’s imprisonment
- Chinese projects not yet translating
- Man detained after picture of bruised girlfriend goes viral
- Malaysia deports 78 Indonesian workers
- Malaysians encouraged to invest in Indonesian tourism
- Girl killed by falling board at school
- No subsidies for Pertamina in one-price policy
- City irked by ride-hailing app drivers