Military omnipresence brings gloom to Papua
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
The dominant security and military approaches to addressing problems in Papua have slowed development and have given way to human rights violations, a study reports.
A comprehensive study released last week by human rights group Imparsial concluded that the provinces of Papua and West Papua had seen very little improvement in terms of security after the region became integrated as a part of...
- OK Otrip opposed by minivan operators
- Sandiaga admits allowing ‘becak’ a political contract
- Men treated as dogs and pigs in Paris catwalk shows
- Woody Allen backlash grows as daughter says telling 'truth'
- Welcoming ASEAN's new secretary-general
- New Air Force chief to prioritize procurement of jet fighters
- Lazada to implement e-payment gateway system this year
- Jokowi inaugurates new Cabinet ministers
- PGN to acquire Pertagas in cash scheme
- Celine Dion's Jakarta concert ticket price reaches Rp 25m