Military omnipresence brings gloom to Papua
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
The dominant security and military approaches to addressing problems in Papua have slowed development and have given way to human rights violations, a study reports.
A comprehensive study released last week by human rights group Imparsial concluded that the provinces of Papua and West Papua had seen very little improvement in terms of security after the region became integrated as a part of...
- Govt goes extra mile to accelerate land distribution
- Jakarta Police chief visits Santa Clara Church construction site
- Churchgoers perform service amid rally in Cikarang
- AccorHotels to operate 200 hotels in Indonesia by 2020
- More Cipinang inmates transferred to Nusakambangan
- Soccer fan brawl in Tangerang, one death
- Hate speech clouds Indonesia's internet in 2016: Police
- Turkey might hold referendum on EU membership: Erdogan
- Bandung wants more than ceremonial switch-off
- UK police still think London attacker acted alone