LIPI launches English economic journal
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: The Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI) launched a biannual English-language journal, the Review of Indonesian Economic and Business Studies (RIEBS), on Thursday, hoping to push its rating as an international-level research institution.
“LIPI is currently ranked about 220th in the world, above
the Bandung Institute of Technology and University of Indo-nesia, thanks to international publications published by our researchers. I hope this [journal] can push our rating further,” Darwin Syamsulbahri, chief of the LIPI Economic Research Center, said in his remarks during the journal launch at the LIPI headquarters.
Robin Brown, language editor of RIEBS, said an English publication was important for LIPI and for Indonesia, adding it could increase LIPI’s reputation around the world, and give Indonesian researchers more international credibility. — JP
- NU volunteers praise Ahok for his attention to Muslims
- Malaysians encouraged to invest in Indonesian tourism
- Beijing under no illusion Manila will pivot away from Washington
- Protesters demand Ahok’s imprisonment
- Chinese projects not yet translating
- Man detained after picture of bruised girlfriend goes viral
- Malaysia deports 78 Indonesian workers
- Girl killed by falling board at school
- Activists up the ante against reclamation
- Reference rate cut will not ‘greatly affect bank rates’