LIPI launches English economic journal
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: The Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI) launched a biannual English-language journal, the Review of Indonesian Economic and Business Studies (RIEBS), on Thursday, hoping to push its rating as an international-level research institution.
“LIPI is currently ranked about 220th in the world, above
the Bandung Institute of Technology and University of Indo-nesia, thanks to international publications published by our researchers. I hope this [journal] can push our rating further,” Darwin Syamsulbahri, chief of the LIPI Economic Research Center, said in his remarks during the journal launch at the LIPI headquarters.
Robin Brown, language editor of RIEBS, said an English publication was important for LIPI and for Indonesia, adding it could increase LIPI’s reputation around the world, and give Indonesian researchers more international credibility. — JP
- N.Sumatra dispatches assistance for Aceh earthquake victims
- Catholic university refuses to remove billboards with hijab-clad student
- Study finds majority of people condemning Ahok's ‘blasphemy’ not well informed
- Indonesia over the moon after $9.4 million win against Churchill
- Public faith in Jokowi remains high despite anti-Ahok movement
- Muslims lambast Christmas service raid in Bandung
- FUI forces Christian university to drop billboard with hijab-clad student
- Rachmawati says meetings, cash transfer not evidence of treason
- Jokowi meets Kofi Annan to discuss Myanmar
- Indonesia juggles globalism and nationalism