Harmony in Lombok
The Jakarta Post
Paradise on earth: A tourist dips her body into the water after sunbathing in Gili Trawangan.With many disputes between religions and races in Indonesia lately, it seems like the national Bhineka Tunggal Ika (Unity in Diversity) slogan has been ripped off.
My adventure in Lombok shows that there is still hope to keep the spirit alive.
Lombok is an island across the strait from Bali,...
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- Paris clashes over police killing of Chinese man injured three
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year
- Gorontalo orphanage molestation suspect previously convicted of same crime
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017
- Vale Indonesia to spend US$90 million for smelter rejuvenation, expansion