Indigenous groups call for halt to REDD pilot project
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
Indigenous communities in Central Kalimantan are calling on the government to stop a pilot project to alleviate the destruction of forests amid fears that it would prompt conflicts between local communities.
People living in and around forested areas in the province said they were not adequately informed about the plan and thus confused about Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest...
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- Putin on track for commanding win as Russians head to polls
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- Boxer dies 10 months after fight left him in a coma
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe