Indigenous groups call for halt to REDD pilot project
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
Indigenous communities in Central Kalimantan are calling on the government to stop a pilot project to alleviate the destruction of forests amid fears that it would prompt conflicts between local communities.
People living in and around forested areas in the province said they were not adequately informed about the plan and thus confused about Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest...
- Danger of terrorist recidivism in prisons
- Visiting Pyongyang, Jakarta's North Korean restaurant
- Citilink’s first new Airbus A320neo arrives in Indonesia
- When two food trends collide: Martabak Samyang
- Jokowi warns Freeport
- More than 50 companies express interest in Bontang oil refinery construction
- Fans in Japan rush to get Murakami book with esoteric title
- Jokowi and Turnbull to focus on economic, strategic links
- Police beef up security in Intan Jaya
- Banten administration questions slow progress of Serang-Panimbang toll road