Indigenous groups call for halt to REDD pilot project
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
Indigenous communities in Central Kalimantan are calling on the government to stop a pilot project to alleviate the destruction of forests amid fears that it would prompt conflicts between local communities.
People living in and around forested areas in the province said they were not adequately informed about the plan and thus confused about Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest...
- Police refute FPI’s accusation of unfair handling of Bandung clash
- Harvard's digital photography course now available for free
- Jl. Fatmawati to be closed for 6 months
- Prosecutors to present more remarks by Ahok
- Anti-Ahok sentiment helps ex-president's son take the lead: Survey
- Ahok’s lawyers refuse to continue hearing due to unscheduled witnesses
- FPI threatens to report Megawati to police for blasphemy
- Vision, mission ‘less important’ for Jakarta voters: Study
- Jakarta Police to question FPI leader for ‘spreading hatred’
- Officer admits making errors in filing report for Ahok’s alleged blasphemy