Indigenous groups call for halt to REDD pilot project
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
Indigenous communities in Central Kalimantan are calling on the government to stop a pilot project to alleviate the destruction of forests amid fears that it would prompt conflicts between local communities.
People living in and around forested areas in the province said they were not adequately informed about the plan and thus confused about Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Dozens of Rohingya come ashore in Indonesia
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu