Preachers and conservatism in RI
Yogyakarta | Fri, July 15 2011 | 08:00 am
PREMIUMThe career of the late Zainuddin MZ, known as a preacher to a million followers, tells us about another side of Indonesian Muslims’ religiosity.
Indonesians are fond of religious preachers. Religion, and religious piety, has dominated the public for a long time. Religion is a vital element to control Indonesian politics.
From the 1970s to the 1990s, Indonesia witnessed several reli...
- Jokowi promotes Pancasila amid rising sectarianism
- Rizieq Shihab named suspect in pornography case while abroad
- VP’s daughter reports Ahok supporter for alleged defamation against Kalla
- Trailer released for ‘Harry Potter’ prequel about Voldemort
- Skytrain to start operations next month at Soekarno-Hatta Airport
- ‘Jokowi Undercover’ author sentenced to three years in prison
- Police arrest suspected terrorist in Central Java
- Kaesang criticizes viral video of children chanting 'hate speech', calls for tolerance
- Police warns against online witch hunts
- Indonesia projected to become net LNG importer by 2022
SE Asia2,000 trapped as fighting rages in Philippine city: Govt
Fitri Bintang Timur Researcher at the Department of Politics and International Relations, Centre for Strategic and International Studies
Indonesian Blue Berets consistent
LifeHalal soy sauce being developed with help of Muslim students
TravelBritish Airways returns to normal schedule after IT crash