Mount Lokon: Biggest eruption sends scores fleeing
The Jakarta Post
Mount Lokon in Tomohon, North Sulawesi, released its most powerful eruption yet on Sunday as it spewed hot ash and smoke more than 3,000 meters into the air, prompting alarmed villagers near the volcano to rush back to emergency shelters.
The North Sulawesi Disaster Mitigation Center (BPBD) reported an increase in volcanic activity since morning.
“Mt. Lokon remains active. The volc...
- Death toll in Marawi could rise 'significantly': Military
- Pay-as-you-wish museum trips offered to Idul Fitri holidaymakers
- Government to flood market with frozen buffalo meat
- XL Axiata records 218% increase in data services
- 152 sent home after undergoing deradicalization program
- Myanmar journalists charged, held in jail for covering armed group
- Police closely monitor Syria returnees after IS-linked attack in Medan
- Ragunan Zoo to monitor animals for stress
- 17 new routes opened at AP II airports so far this year
- Obama, entourage arrive in Yogyakarta