Mount Lokon: Biggest eruption sends scores fleeing
The Jakarta Post
Mount Lokon in Tomohon, North Sulawesi, released its most powerful eruption yet on Sunday as it spewed hot ash and smoke more than 3,000 meters into the air, prompting alarmed villagers near the volcano to rush back to emergency shelters.
The North Sulawesi Disaster Mitigation Center (BPBD) reported an increase in volcanic activity since morning.
“Mt. Lokon remains active. The volc...
- Woman convicted of blasphemy for spreading 'misguided' Islamic teachings
- Most Indonesian museums non-operational: Official
- Djarot allows Idul Adha animal slaughtering at schools
- EDITORIAL: Gesture of unity
- Prambanan Jazz Festival apologizes for Afgan's stage mishap
- Jokowi forgives Malaysia over flag flop: spokesman
- 16,000 Indonesian islands registered at UN
- Indonesia, Freeport discuss tax issue: Minister
- Bandung unveils China Town tourism spot
- Central government certifies islets C and D