Mount Lokon: Biggest eruption sends scores fleeing
The Jakarta Post
Mount Lokon in Tomohon, North Sulawesi, released its most powerful eruption yet on Sunday as it spewed hot ash and smoke more than 3,000 meters into the air, prompting alarmed villagers near the volcano to rush back to emergency shelters.
The North Sulawesi Disaster Mitigation Center (BPBD) reported an increase in volcanic activity since morning.
“Mt. Lokon remains active. The volc...
- Ahok focuses on online campaign in second round
- Indonesia urged to settle dispute amid Freeport workers' outcry
- Era of selling natural resources has ended: Jokowi
- Prominent Indonesian journalist Ahmad Taufik dies
- Jokowi’s short meeting with Kendeng farmers ends in tears
- Baby 'carrying baby' to undergo surgery at NTB hospital
- KPK names Andi Narogong a suspect in e-ID graft case
- State mining companies ready to take over Freeport
- Pharmaceutical industry grows by 7.5 percent to $5b
- Jakarta gubernatorial candidates fight smear campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter