Mount Lokon: Biggest eruption sends scores fleeing
The Jakarta Post
Mount Lokon in Tomohon, North Sulawesi, released its most powerful eruption yet on Sunday as it spewed hot ash and smoke more than 3,000 meters into the air, prompting alarmed villagers near the volcano to rush back to emergency shelters.
The North Sulawesi Disaster Mitigation Center (BPBD) reported an increase in volcanic activity since morning.
“Mt. Lokon remains active. The volc...
- 8 Chinese New Year dishes and their meaning
- 35,000 MW program achievable by 2021: DEN
- Ahok in lead, followed by Anies, Agus after debate: Pollster
- Trump’s shadow over Freeport won’t bend Indonesia
- Singapore urged to speed up immigration checks for Indonesians
- FPI leader calls for withdrawal of banknotes with ‘communist symbol’
- Police step up investigation into graft case involving Sylviana Murni
- Fertilizer factory worth $1.5b to be developed in Papua
- Government should punish violent groups while also preserving democracy: Expert
- Police urged to be more critical in handling public reports