South China Sea guidelines agreed
Abdul Khalik and Desy Nurhayati
The Jakarta Post
After nine years of negotiations, China and ASEAN agreed on Wednesday on a historic set of guidelines for cooperation on disputed areas in the South China Sea, a sign that both sides have moved toward easing tensions over various claims to energy-rich islands in the area.
The agreement was reached after senior officials from both sides met during the annual meetings of ASEAN, ahead of Thurs...
- Ahok mania spreads far beyond Jakarta
- Telkomsel website hacked
- Long marches against Ahok to continue
- Lame-duck Ahok sees mounting defiance
- Elephant kills tour owner in Klungkung
- KPK says it will stick to rules over investigation confidentiality
- KPK summons Quran procurement graft suspect
- Translation more hobby than work for novelist Murakami
- Golkar says corrupt cadres harm political targets
- US economic growth weakened to 0.7 percent in first quarter