Heavier sentence sought for Ahmadi man
The Jakarta Post
Amid criticism and condemnation from human rights activists and foreign governments over the lenient jail sentences handed to 12 extremists involved in a mob riot that killed three Ahmadis, prosecutors at the Serang District Court sought a heavier sentence for an Ahmadi defendant accused of provoking the violence.
Prosecutors on Tuesday sought nine months’ imprisonment for Deden Darmawan...
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Tourism's fatal warning
- Indonesia lists 180 missing on doomed ferry, launches underwater search
- Indonesia takes a bite out of food waste one wedding at a time
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices