Heavier sentence sought for Ahmadi man
The Jakarta Post
Amid criticism and condemnation from human rights activists and foreign governments over the lenient jail sentences handed to 12 extremists involved in a mob riot that killed three Ahmadis, prosecutors at the Serang District Court sought a heavier sentence for an Ahmadi defendant accused of provoking the violence.
Prosecutors on Tuesday sought nine months’ imprisonment for Deden Darmawan...
- Report unveils Muslim Cyber Army’s modus, purpose
- Japan condom makers hope for 2020 Olympic lift
- Indonesia to expand domestic biodiesel use
- EDITORIAL: Critical look at govt debt
- Indonesia, Singapore jointly open Nongsa Digital Park in Batam
- LGBT people face uphill battle for rights
- WhatsApp co-founder says it’s about time Facebook was deleted
- Sandiaga urges posh neighborhood to stop using groundwater
- Netflix royal drama 'The Crown' apologizes over pay furor
- US Fed to hike interest rates for first time in 2018