Sweet treats from the past
The Jakarta Post
The making of dodol, a glutinus rice cake. Jakarta’s traditional sweet delicacies offer more than just a unique taste to satisfy a sweet tooth, but they also take us on a historical journey.Even in a rapidly evolving city like Jakarta, sweet delicacies survive through time, as a trip down the streets often brings pleasant surprises.
A new culinary tour called “Sweet memories from the pa...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Australian archbishop guilty of concealing child sex abuse
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Five dead in India from Nipah virus, dozens quarantined
- Displaced for different beliefs