Inflation up, exports down
The Jakarta Post
An uncertain global economy has put pressure on Indonesia’s economy, as the yearly inflation rate grew in August for the first time since January over surging gold prices, while export growth slowed due to sliding global demand.
Last month, investors worldwide sold risky assets and shifted to safe havens amid mounting worries of a global economic slowdown, pushing up gold prices by 12.3 p...
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- North Jakarta group cancels Alexis Hotel protest
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money
- Philippines to reject EU aid: Duterte
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health