Kompas TV launched amid KPI warning
The Jakarta Post
Kompas Gramedia Group (KKG), the country’s largest media conglomerate,
launched Kompas TV on Friday amid a warning from the Indonesian
Broadcasting Commission (KPI) that its broadcasts might be illegal.
The new station, the second attempt by Kompas to enter the broadcasting industry after TV7, was inaugurated with great fanfare involving a three-hour-long live telecast titled “Simfo...
- Telkomsel website hacked
- Lame-duck Ahok sees mounting defiance
- Long marches against Ahok to continue
- KPK says it will stick to rules over investigation confidentiality
- Elephant kills tour owner in Klungkung
- KPK summons Quran procurement graft suspect
- US economic growth weakened to 0.7 percent in first quarter
- Sharp Indonesia introduces new 12kg capacity washing machines
- Golkar says corrupt cadres harm political targets
- Private lender CIMB Niaga sees Q1 net profit soar 138 percent