Commission to regulate Banten media campaigning
The Jakarta Post
The Banten branch of the Indonesian Broadcasting Commission (KPID) says it will limit the number and duration of advertisements that political candidates can place on television and radio.
“From experience during mayoral elections, we have found that most candidates violate the time limit for television and radio ads,” KPID chairman Muhibudin said over the weekend.
- FPI protests ‘unfairness’ by West Java Police chief
- Police name 5 suspects in foiled plot to traffic illegal workers to Malaysia
- Police promise to investigate Ciampea attack
- Agus-Sylvi leads in Jakarta election survey: Study
- Training aircraft crashes in East Java injuring cadet
- Police may investigate Sylviana on alleged mosque construction graft
- Authorities finalize legal revisions to relax margin trading
- Nude rider arrested upon entering airport complex in West Kalimantan
- Indonesia pledges leeway for obedient miners
- Twitter suspends several FPI accounts