Bahasa Indonesia: For unity or identity?
When observing the Youth Pledge every Oct. 28, the nation celebrates its founding fathers’ commitment to Bahasa Indonesia as the language of unity.
History has told us that before the Youth Pledge some 83 years ago , the archipelago had no common language. Each of more than 300 ethnic groups spoke its own language. Thus, Bahasa Indonesia served as a lingua franca. Equally important, it w...
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- A world without America
- Beijing's new airport comes with new construction tech
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Under fire, Trump says he misspoke on Russia election meddling
- Indonesia to invite Kim Jong-un, Moon Jae-in to attend Asiad
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement