Sri Mulyani’s return sparks speculation
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
The arrival of former finance minister Sri Mulyani Indrawati in Jakarta has triggered speculation over a possible bid for president in 2014, despite her refusal to comment on the issue.
On Tuesday, Sri Mulyani, in her capacity as a World Bank managing director, met with President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono in a closed-door meeting at the State Palace.
Topics discussed in the meeting i...
- Pork Festival changes name to Imlek Culinary Festival following protests
- Indonesian policymakers prepare for US transition
- Indonesians love of Mecca boosts lucrative ‘umrah’ business
- Indonesia to revise 20 regulations in next economic stimulus package
- Kim Tae-hee chooses custom-made dress over branded designs
- World's primates facing extinction crisis, new report says
- Indonesia to fight against forest fires starting early this year
- China overtakes Indonesia as Singapore's top market for tourists
- Premiere of 'A Dog's Purpose' canceled amid treatment issue
- Three witnesses to be questioned in ex-Garuda boss' bribery case