To Indonesia: Step up and end systematic abuses in West Papua
Eni F.H. Faleomavaega and Donald M. Payne
Ahead of his visit to Bali, members of Congress are calling upon US President Barack Obama to make West Papua one of his top priorities during his upcoming talks with Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono. On Oct. 19, 2011, Indonesian security forces opened fire on unarmed West Papuans who had gathered at the third Papuan People’s Congress to peacefully air their political aspirations.
- Korean comedy-drama sparks uproar for 'disrespecting Islam'
- 4 cities in Indonesia where you can travel by foot
- WhatsApp adds Picture-in-Picture feature on Android 8.0
- Another cargo plane skids off runway in Papua
- Beware the dangers of pre-cooked meals
- Six ITB students injured by crumbling pillar
- Wonderful Indonesia Festival 2017 to grace Manila
- Danilo completes Man City move
- US golfer Spieth in prime position to win British Open
- Jember crowned Indonesia's Carnival City