To Indonesia: Step up and end systematic abuses in West Papua
Eni F.H. Faleomavaega and Donald M. Payne
Ahead of his visit to Bali, members of Congress are calling upon US President Barack Obama to make West Papua one of his top priorities during his upcoming talks with Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono. On Oct. 19, 2011, Indonesian security forces opened fire on unarmed West Papuans who had gathered at the third Papuan People’s Congress to peacefully air their political aspirations.
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Opposition questions Jokowi’s policy on foreign workers
- Prabowo's presidential bid hangs in the balance