To Indonesia: Step up and end systematic abuses in West Papua
Eni F.H. Faleomavaega and Donald M. Payne
Ahead of his visit to Bali, members of Congress are calling upon US President Barack Obama to make West Papua one of his top priorities during his upcoming talks with Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono. On Oct. 19, 2011, Indonesian security forces opened fire on unarmed West Papuans who had gathered at the third Papuan People’s Congress to peacefully air their political aspirations.
- Govt picks Inalum to buy Freeport’s shares
- First Karangasem Travel Mart a huge success
- BNPB prepared for Mount Agung eruption: Head
- Tourism Ministry attracts European investors at London's 'Indonesia Briefing'
- HIV/AIDS prevention should also focus on men, not just sex workers: Djarot
- Deutsche Bank interested in helping SOEs buy Freeport’s shares
- Startup investment grows 60 times in five years: Research
- Sleepy driver crashes sports car into Transjakarta lane separator
- New 'ghost' orchid species discovered on Java
- Melania ads removed following Trump lawyer's complaint