Tuberculosis strikes orangutans in sanctuary
Elly Burhaini Faizal
The Jakarta Post
The Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation (BOSF) has reported that tuberculosis infections have delayed the release of 650 captive orangutans back to their natural habitats.
Jamartin Sihite, the BOSF chairman, said on Wednesday that about 10 to 15 percent of a total of 650 orangutans currently kept in cages at the foundation’s rehabilitation centers in Semboja, East Kalimantan, and in Nyar...
- BPJS Ketenagakerjaan seeks to book Rp 367.8 trillion in funds
- Susi beats Sandiaga in Lake Sunter showdown
- Electronic music and poetry collide in ‘Melihat Puisi’
- Aceh, Dubai-based firm to start hydrocarbon survey
- In 'Coco' child star's story, life and art intertwine
- Impossible to pair Kalla with Jokowi again, PDI-P says
- Rohingya exodus still growing, six months into crisis
- Bollywood star Sridevi dies of heart attack: PTI