Disaster risk science for disaster risk reduction
Jonatan A. Lassa and Syamsidik
The ultimate goal of disaster risk science is to understand disasters and risks. In fact, understanding disaster risks and their cause-effect chains does not necessarily benefit vulnerable communities.
Disaster risk science might be best called crowd science, because its strength lies in both multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary subjects —basic sciences, engineering, social and economi...
- Paris clashes over police killing of Chinese man injured three
- House to hold confirmation hearings for new KPU, Bawaslu commissioners
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Sour note: Brexit forces orchestra move from UK to Belgium
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017
- Chapecoense to finally play Atletico Nacional for title
- Death penalty meets fresh resistance
- Talks produce no progress in Scottish independence dispute
- Bekasi to have mental health rehabilitation center
- Gianopulos named new chairman of Paramount Pictures