Disaster risk science for disaster risk reduction
Jonatan A. Lassa and Syamsidik
The ultimate goal of disaster risk science is to understand disasters and risks. In fact, understanding disaster risks and their cause-effect chains does not necessarily benefit vulnerable communities.
Disaster risk science might be best called crowd science, because its strength lies in both multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary subjects —basic sciences, engineering, social and economi...
- G30S/PKI film is the correct version of history: Tommy Soeharto
- Residents near Mt. Agung begin to relocate their livestock
- Uber tops 500,000 signatures on petition to halt London ban
- Keep calm and enjoy Bali: Tourism association
- Wiranto calms fear over weapon shipment rumor
- Thousands flee rumbling Mount Agung
- Owner of Islamic matchmaking site arrested, charged under Pornography Law
- Gatot order on PKI film could create division: PDI-P
- New Zealand's English claims mandate to form government
- Singapore IS fighter challenges Prince Harry in video