Disaster risk science for disaster risk reduction
Jonatan A. Lassa and Syamsidik
The ultimate goal of disaster risk science is to understand disasters and risks. In fact, understanding disaster risks and their cause-effect chains does not necessarily benefit vulnerable communities.
Disaster risk science might be best called crowd science, because its strength lies in both multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary subjects —basic sciences, engineering, social and economi...
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- US, Japan assist South Korea on historic summits with North Korea
- Earthquake strikes Banten, tremors felt in Jakarta
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam