Protesters chase parishioners over ‘friendly Islam’ sticker
The Jakarta Post
The atmosphere heated up again around the GKI Taman Yasmin church in Bogor, West Java, when a group of people tried to prevent the church’s congregation from conducting the first Sunday service in 2012 near the sealed church.
But the Bogor Police and the West Java Police countered their attempt by immediately constructing a barricade between the congregation and the protesters.
- 8 Chinese New Year dishes and their meaning
- 35,000 MW program achievable by 2021: DEN
- Ahok in lead, followed by Anies, Agus after debate: Pollster
- Trump’s shadow over Freeport won’t bend Indonesia
- Singapore urged to speed up immigration checks for Indonesians
- FPI leader calls for withdrawal of banknotes with ‘communist symbol’
- Police step up investigation into graft case involving Sylviana Murni
- Fertilizer factory worth $1.5b to be developed in Papua
- Police urged to be more critical in handling public reports
- Government should punish violent groups while also preserving democracy: Expert