Protesters chase parishioners over ‘friendly Islam’ sticker
The Jakarta Post
The atmosphere heated up again around the GKI Taman Yasmin church in Bogor, West Java, when a group of people tried to prevent the church’s congregation from conducting the first Sunday service in 2012 near the sealed church.
But the Bogor Police and the West Java Police countered their attempt by immediately constructing a barricade between the congregation and the protesters.
- Pertamina renewable investment portion to reach 15 percent by 2030
- Google Assistant adds more languages in global push
- Apple plans upgrades to popular AirPods headphones
- Construction of Central Jakarta Police headquarters to begin in April
- Actor Stephen Fry reveals battle with prostate cancer
- What to watch for in gadgets, deals from the biggest mobile show
- Hopeful travelers line up overnight for flight promotions
- Deputy governor Perry Warjiyo nominated to head Bank Indonesia
- Bogor reduces more than 5 tons of waste a day
- Death toll in Syria enclave tops 500 after UN delays truce vote