Protesters chase parishioners over ‘friendly Islam’ sticker
The Jakarta Post
The atmosphere heated up again around the GKI Taman Yasmin church in Bogor, West Java, when a group of people tried to prevent the church’s congregation from conducting the first Sunday service in 2012 near the sealed church.
But the Bogor Police and the West Java Police countered their attempt by immediately constructing a barricade between the congregation and the protesters.
- All ASEAN countries but Indonesia ban cigarette advertising
- Two sisters commit suicide by jumping from apartment
- Thousands sign up for Bogor Palace tour
- China urges US to stop 'unfriendly' recon flights
- Jakarta Council sees decline in performance of 'orange troops'
- Fires burn 64 hectares of land in West Aceh
- PAN refuses to withdraw from Cabinet
- Hundreds of 'ojek' drivers block South Jakarta road
- Where is the disability? My stumps don't define me
- Manulife aims to attract middle-upper class clients with new insurance product