9gag.com: The joke’s on us
If you happen to drown in office workload, this website could be a merry rescue.
“I love my six-pack so much, I protect it with a layer of fat,” posts an admirer, the site’s moniker for registered visitors, to which many others “like” and gave comments.
It is one of the jokes in the community website where people can contribute or view jokes in a form of sentences, drawings and modified images.
From parodies to riddles, it offers all kinds of quotidian quips that many can relate to. It is also popular for rough sketches of characters as well as photo pranks of famous persons — such as Barack Obama, Barney Stinson (Neil Patrick Harris), Yao Ming and Jacky Chan.
The website is divided into three categories for viewing the posts: Hot, Trending, and Vote. Hot page contains the most popular posts that could be enjoyed at time the users open it.
The posts in the Hot page are a bit few, thus a visitor can browse the Trending page, which contain more posts that have not yet been in the Hot page. The new post entry is in the vote page, waiting to be voted.
Visitors can view the webpage in a simpler way by clicking the “Fast” button at the top of the page. The page will view one post at a moment. At the right of the page, there is a column to enter comments and to see the top comment of the post.
If other admirers admire you, they will receive your posts on their homepages. Admiring someone in the website means that you are subscribing to their posts, and their posts will appear on your homepage.
To upload a post to a gag, simply click the upload button. Users can upload a JPEG, GIF, or PNG file with a maximum size of 3MB. Note that if the image is uncensored with Not Safe For Work (NSFW) mark, it will make the post inaccessible to unregistered users.
Videos that are going to be uploaded had to be hosted elsewhere with providing an address. If the users didn’t create the video themselves, it is recommended to give credit to the maker.
As Thomas Aquinas, the well-known priest once said, “It is requisite for the relaxation of the mind that we make use, from time to time, of playful deeds and jokes.”
Now let’s eagerly wait for Monday and poke some fun during the daytime.
- Bandung Mayor Ridwan Kamil apologizes for Christmas service raid
- Indonesian Military deploys personnel for Aceh quake relief
- Protest persecution of Rohingyas, not just Ahok: Malaysian PM
- Sari Roti stock down amid boycott campaign
- Indonesia advances to AFF Cup finals
- Experiencing the beauty of the Balkans in Bulgaria
- FPI won't gain popularity from recent anti-Ahok rallies, expert says
- Jokowi orders all-out rescue effort as Aceh quake death toll rises
- Strong earthquake destroys buildings in Aceh
- Indonesia’s ‘Single’s Day’ set to delight e-shoppers