Civilian killed in indiscriminate shooting in Papua
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
An unidentified armed group shot dead a civilian in Mulia district, Puncak Jaya regency on Friday at 8 p.m. local time, the first indiscriminate shooting to take place in Papua this year. The reason behind the shooting is unknown.
Papua Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Wachyono said in Jayapura on Saturday that the victim, identified as Kisma Rafiq from Padang, West Sumatra, was alone at his stal...
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests
- Papuans celebrate womanhood in mangrove forest
- New York to ban cars from Manhattan's Central Park