Pontianak: The city of two rivers & three cultures
Pontianak lies on the banks of Indonesia’s longest river, the Kapuas, which rises about 1,140 kilometers upstream in central Borneo, the ancestral homeland of the Dayak, and then winds its way through the dense jungles of western Borneo toward the sea.
Bathing by the Kapuas River in Kampung Dalam, Pontianak. — Photo by Peter MilneThe name of Pontianak seems to originate from the Malay punti...
- Sri Mulyani criticizes poor budget planning by government institutions
- Clooneys donate $500,000 to student gun reform march
- Indonesia prepares four fiscal incentives to boost investment
- Q&A: What you need to know about Ahok's case review petition
- Seven lesser-known dive areas in Indonesia
- Qatar Airways receives world’s first Airbus A350-1000
- Jokowi redeems Metallica double-LP set from KPK
- Minister to evaluate Waskita’s board of directors over accident
- Dementia clearly linked to chronic boozing: Study
- BTN, Generali introduce insurance product for mortgage customers