Alarm raised on HIV ‘epidemic’ in Papua
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
Ilustration by KOMPAS.comThe incidence of HIV/AIDS in Papua has become a general epidemic stage that requires immediate action to prevent the further spread of the disease into the wider community, according to the province’s public health chief.
“The prevalence is already 2.4 percent, meaning that the virus no longer only infects high-risk groups, but has become widespread in the commu...
- Sandiaga Uno to establish sharia tourism zone in Jakarta
- Indonesia should think twice about military aid for Philippines: Expert
- Obama, entourage arrive in Yogyakarta
- Death toll in Marawi could rise 'significantly': Military
- Palace denies President and Vice President to get salary increases
- XL Axiata records 218% increase in data services
- Myanmar journalists charged, held in jail for covering armed group
- Government to flood market with frozen buffalo meat
- 17 new routes opened at AP II airports so far this year
- Fourth suspect named in N. Sumatra Police attack