Alarm raised on HIV ‘epidemic’ in Papua
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
Ilustration by KOMPAS.comThe incidence of HIV/AIDS in Papua has become a general epidemic stage that requires immediate action to prevent the further spread of the disease into the wider community, according to the province’s public health chief.
“The prevalence is already 2.4 percent, meaning that the virus no longer only infects high-risk groups, but has become widespread in the commu...
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher