Alarm raised on HIV ‘epidemic’ in Papua
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
Ilustration by KOMPAS.comThe incidence of HIV/AIDS in Papua has become a general epidemic stage that requires immediate action to prevent the further spread of the disease into the wider community, according to the province’s public health chief.
“The prevalence is already 2.4 percent, meaning that the virus no longer only infects high-risk groups, but has become widespread in the commu...
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Putin on track for commanding win as Russians head to polls
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls
- Turkish-led forces in control of Syria's Afrin city
- Continuous profit from quail-waste based biogas
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- Trump attacks fairness of Mueller probe