Relics of shipwreck found in Medan
The Jakarta Post
After almost a month of exploration, French archeologist Daniel Perret from Ecole Francaise d’Extreme-Orient (EFEO) discovered a fragment from an ancient shipwreck and gold relics at the Kota Cina (Chinatown) site in Marelan district, Medan, North Sumatra.
The ancient relics, estimated to date back to between the 11th and 14th centuries, were discovered by Perret at the end of a series of...
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow
- Empty Jakarta during Idul Fitri serves as Instagrammable photo opportunity
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies aged 62
- One dead, five wounded in Malmo shooting: police
- Tourism's fatal warning
- BREAKING: Boat with 80 passengers capsizes in Lake Toba