Bekasi to set up six Transjakarta feeder routes
The Jakarta Post
BEKASI: The Bekasi administration plans to build six feeder-bus routes east of Jakarta to support the Transjakarta bus system.
The project will start in March with financing from the central government, tempo.co reported on Tuesday.
“The establishment of the feeder routes will enhance the plan to expand Transjakarta to Bekasi,” head of Bekasi Central Terminal, Zeno Bachtiar, said.
Two routes will be set up around Kebon Paya Ampera, one in Bulak Kapal, two others will be across Bekasi Trade Center and the other one in Jl. Joyo Martono, East Bekasi. All routes will end at Kampung Rambutan terminal, East Jakarta.
Zeno said that the administration had requested its Jakarta counterpart to expand Transjakarta to Bekasi to accommodate about 700,000 commuters, but the route planned to run along Jl. Kalimalang overlapped with the Bekasi-Cawang-Kampung Melayu (Becakayu) toll-road project.
- Be a Pokemon researcher in Singapore
- Two Malaysians arrested for allegedly smuggling drugs to Bali
- Indonesia disappointed over S&P’s “uncertain” rating assesment
- Dahlan claims politics behind his arrest
- Illegal levies task force vows to create deterrents for civil servants
- 'Don't talk to much', Kalla tells Ahok ahead of campaign start
- Indonesia to launch 'Tank Boat' with amphibious capabilities
- Indonesian teachers to study in Australia
- Personnel readied to secure regional elections in C. Java
- Prenup rule for mixed marriages abolished