Bekasi to set up six Transjakarta feeder routes
The Jakarta Post
BEKASI: The Bekasi administration plans to build six feeder-bus routes east of Jakarta to support the Transjakarta bus system.
The project will start in March with financing from the central government, tempo.co reported on Tuesday.
“The establishment of the feeder routes will enhance the plan to expand Transjakarta to Bekasi,” head of Bekasi Central Terminal, Zeno Bachtiar, said.
Two routes will be set up around Kebon Paya Ampera, one in Bulak Kapal, two others will be across Bekasi Trade Center and the other one in Jl. Joyo Martono, East Bekasi. All routes will end at Kampung Rambutan terminal, East Jakarta.
Zeno said that the administration had requested its Jakarta counterpart to expand Transjakarta to Bekasi to accommodate about 700,000 commuters, but the route planned to run along Jl. Kalimalang overlapped with the Bekasi-Cawang-Kampung Melayu (Becakayu) toll-road project.
- Jokowi treason arrests questioned
- Taeyeon and Wiz Khalifa tussle over MAMA performance
- N. Jakarta district court chief to lead Ahok's blasphemy trial
- Slow economic growth predicted in 2017: Economists
- Ahok blasphemy trial to start Thursday
- Papua to see air navigation system upgrades to prevent more crashes
- Car Free Day initiator wants ‘Kita Indonesia’ organizer to apologize
- Pilot of crashed plane promised to go home to East Nusa Tenggara for Christmas
- KPK signs agreement with police, AGO to ease monitoring of graft cases
- Indonesia investment board upbeat about 2017, tourism potential