The land of promises
The Jakarta Post
It did not take long for former journalist Ahmad Fuadi’s semi-biographical novel Negeri 5 Menara (The Land of Five Towers) to become a best-selling work of fiction.
The novel, which carries a famous mantra man jadda wajada – an Arabic saying which roughly means “whoever does something persistently will succeed”, won the hearts of many bookworms with its positive messages of strong f...
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash