The land of promises
The Jakarta Post
It did not take long for former journalist Ahmad Fuadi’s semi-biographical novel Negeri 5 Menara (The Land of Five Towers) to become a best-selling work of fiction.
The novel, which carries a famous mantra man jadda wajada – an Arabic saying which roughly means “whoever does something persistently will succeed”, won the hearts of many bookworms with its positive messages of strong f...
- Another phreatic eruption reported at Mt. Merapi
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- Global warming may have 'devastating' effects on rice: Study
- BTS’ new album shows what truly matters
- Amnesty highlights sex
- Macron in Russia for high
- Gun control support fades three months after Florida massacre: Poll
- China fines Muji for packaging that lists Taiwan as a country
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- Scientists discover how breast cancer hibernates: Study