The land of promises
The Jakarta Post
It did not take long for former journalist Ahmad Fuadi’s semi-biographical novel Negeri 5 Menara (The Land of Five Towers) to become a best-selling work of fiction.
The novel, which carries a famous mantra man jadda wajada – an Arabic saying which roughly means “whoever does something persistently will succeed”, won the hearts of many bookworms with its positive messages of strong f...
- Jokowi wears traditional attire during annual state of the nation address
- Singapore to supply LNG for Indonesia's power plants: Luhut
- Jakarta to build 80 kilometers of sidewalks this year
- Indonesians 'quite happy', according to BPS happiness index
- Voter turnout will drop if House insists on bigger budget: Expert
- Unmarried Indonesians happier than those who have tied the knot
- Facebook opens Indonesia’s office
- Contract to be extended to 2041 as Freeport agrees to divest 51% shares
- HBO exec clears up stance on planned ‘Game of Thrones’ spin-offs
- Railway operator welcomes first airport train