Shiite followers from Madura live in fear
The Jakarta Post
At least 23 Shiite followers from Sampang, Madura, in East Java, have been forced to lead a nomadic life after an anti-Shiite group threatened to kill them and burn their homes.
The 22 followers and their Shiite community leader Tajul Muluk were evicted from Nangkernang hamlet, Karam Gayam village, Omben district, Sampang, after an arson attack on Dec. 29 last year.
They sometimes st...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears
- Plagiarism: What can we learn from Afi's case
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- Minister Susi rejects idea to auction off confiscated fishing boats