Ahead of local election, police tighten grip on Aceh
The Jakarta Post
As the situation in Aceh becomes more volatile ahead of the local election, the National Police are stepping up security measures in the country’s westernmost province.
“We have 8,776 personnel specially trained to secure the election. That figure accounts for two-thirds of our total capacity,” Aceh Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Gustav Leo told The Jakarta Post on Monday.
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash