Ahead of local election, police tighten grip on Aceh
The Jakarta Post
As the situation in Aceh becomes more volatile ahead of the local election, the National Police are stepping up security measures in the country’s westernmost province.
“We have 8,776 personnel specially trained to secure the election. That figure accounts for two-thirds of our total capacity,” Aceh Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Gustav Leo told The Jakarta Post on Monday.
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- Costly holiday
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official
- Everest's Hillary Step now a 'slope': Climber