Ahead of local election, police tighten grip on Aceh
The Jakarta Post
As the situation in Aceh becomes more volatile ahead of the local election, the National Police are stepping up security measures in the country’s westernmost province.
“We have 8,776 personnel specially trained to secure the election. That figure accounts for two-thirds of our total capacity,” Aceh Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Gustav Leo told The Jakarta Post on Monday.
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Three candidates for Pertamina CEO submitted to President
- Indonesia, India sign business-to-business agreement on palm oil
- Blitar bans school from giving students homework