Ahead of local election, police tighten grip on Aceh
The Jakarta Post
As the situation in Aceh becomes more volatile ahead of the local election, the National Police are stepping up security measures in the country’s westernmost province.
“We have 8,776 personnel specially trained to secure the election. That figure accounts for two-thirds of our total capacity,” Aceh Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Gustav Leo told The Jakarta Post on Monday.
- Lazada to implement e-payment gateway system this year
- Jokowi inaugurates new Cabinet ministers
- Don't blame me if Trump not invited to royal wedding: May
- Celine Dion's Jakarta concert ticket price reaches Rp 25m
- Surakarta's 100-year-old palace wall collapses
- AirAsia to move international flight operations to Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3
- New Air Force chief to prioritize procurement of jet fighters
- EDITORIAL: Speak out Mr. Speaker
- Indonesia to regulate taxes for global firms’ subsidiaries
- Thai general in the spotlight over luxury watches collection