Prosecution of suspected ‘atheist’ criticized
Syofiardi Bachyul Jb
The Jakarta Post
Activists in Padang, West Sumatra, are criticizing the authorities for prosecuting a 31-year-old civil servant for allegedly proclaiming his atheism on Facebook.
The indictment of Alexander Aan under the Information Law that carries six years of imprisonment, is bogus, according to Sudarto, the director of the Center for Interfaith Community (Pusaka).
“The charges of blasphemy brou...
- Indonesia still struggles to close gender equality gap: UNDP
- Anti-cement plant rally goes on after farmer’s death
- Saudi king and Indonesia's hypocrisy, opportunism
- 5 barges destroy coral in Karimunjawa
- Papua asks for 10 percent in Freeport divestment
- Foreigners eager to revisit Jakarta
- Korea to issue e-visas for Southeast Asians to tackle THAAD fallout
- Caledonian Sky destroyed more than 18,000 m2 of pristine Raja Ampat reefs, survey concludes
- JKT48 manager found dead hanging in bathroom
- Bekasi to verify data on 1,700 foreign workers