Prosecution of suspected ‘atheist’ criticized
Syofiardi Bachyul Jb
The Jakarta Post
Activists in Padang, West Sumatra, are criticizing the authorities for prosecuting a 31-year-old civil servant for allegedly proclaiming his atheism on Facebook.
The indictment of Alexander Aan under the Information Law that carries six years of imprisonment, is bogus, according to Sudarto, the director of the Center for Interfaith Community (Pusaka).
“The charges of blasphemy brou...
- Contract to be extended to 2041 as Freeport agrees to divest 51% shares
- Studio Ghibli goes into full production for new Hayao Miyazaki film
- Indonesian N219 aircraft succeeds in first test flight
- Israeli firm offers 'anti-terrorism' adventure to tourists
- Soekarno-Hatta airport’s skytrain begins trial operation
- Jokowi wears traditional attire during annual state of the nation address
- Put on some weight, says politician to Jokowi in prayer
- Jokowi declares graft war in front House members, Setya
- EDITORIAL: Forever young Indonesia
- Teater Koma stages latest play ‘Warisan’ in silence