Prosecution of suspected ‘atheist’ criticized
Syofiardi Bachyul Jb
The Jakarta Post
Activists in Padang, West Sumatra, are criticizing the authorities for prosecuting a 31-year-old civil servant for allegedly proclaiming his atheism on Facebook.
The indictment of Alexander Aan under the Information Law that carries six years of imprisonment, is bogus, according to Sudarto, the director of the Center for Interfaith Community (Pusaka).
“The charges of blasphemy brou...
- Ahok mania spreads far beyond Jakarta
- And now, Indosat website hacked
- Jokowi, Suu Kyi discuss Rohingya crisis
- Rohingya crisis could affect ASEAN stability: Jokowi
- Jokowi campaigns for peace, stability on Korean Peninsula
- Myanmar complies with int’l recommendations on Rohingya crisis: Suu Kyi
- Campaign highlights importance of fish consumption
- Thousands of workers to join May Day rally in Jakarta
- KPK rebuffs House inquiry
- Wonderful Indonesia to participate in Malaysia International Dive Expo 2017