Prosecution of suspected ‘atheist’ criticized
Syofiardi Bachyul Jb
The Jakarta Post
Activists in Padang, West Sumatra, are criticizing the authorities for prosecuting a 31-year-old civil servant for allegedly proclaiming his atheism on Facebook.
The indictment of Alexander Aan under the Information Law that carries six years of imprisonment, is bogus, according to Sudarto, the director of the Center for Interfaith Community (Pusaka).
“The charges of blasphemy brou...
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta
- Landslide damages house in Depok
- Driver named suspect after death of toddler in East Jakarta
- Thousands of online ‘ojek’ drivers stage rally, demand better pay, partnerships
- No ticketing on first day of Sudirman-Thamrin odd-even trial run