Prosecution of suspected ‘atheist’ criticized
Syofiardi Bachyul Jb
The Jakarta Post
Activists in Padang, West Sumatra, are criticizing the authorities for prosecuting a 31-year-old civil servant for allegedly proclaiming his atheism on Facebook.
The indictment of Alexander Aan under the Information Law that carries six years of imprisonment, is bogus, according to Sudarto, the director of the Center for Interfaith Community (Pusaka).
“The charges of blasphemy brou...
- Australian arrested for alleged street assault
- Three foreign tourists rescued after failed fishing trip in Aceh
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- At midnight, Riyadh erupts in cheers for a woman in a car
- How to get discounted airline tickets outside of travel fairs
- Flights, sea voyages safe despite Anak Krakatau eruption: Official
- Mexico caught up in victorious jumble of joy
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- 10 best cities to study abroad
- Easy win for Ganjar in Central Java?