Prosecution of suspected ‘atheist’ criticized
Syofiardi Bachyul Jb
The Jakarta Post
Activists in Padang, West Sumatra, are criticizing the authorities for prosecuting a 31-year-old civil servant for allegedly proclaiming his atheism on Facebook.
The indictment of Alexander Aan under the Information Law that carries six years of imprisonment, is bogus, according to Sudarto, the director of the Center for Interfaith Community (Pusaka).
“The charges of blasphemy brou...
- Garuda Indonesia reigns as world’s best airline cabin crew for fourth consecutive year
- Bali ready for Obama vacation
- Ahok to move back to Cipinang
- Snipers deployed to secure Idul Fitri travelers in East Java
- Government set to revise negative investment list again
- Malang students invent device that pinches butt of drowsy drivers
- Everyone named Bambang invited for 'iftar' today
- Jakarta plans to spend Rp 74 trillion next year
- Golkar supports KPK investigation into cadre's alleged corruption: Setya
- Jokowi celebrates birthday by distributing staple goods to Bogor residents