Prosecution of suspected ‘atheist’ criticized
Syofiardi Bachyul Jb
The Jakarta Post
Activists in Padang, West Sumatra, are criticizing the authorities for prosecuting a 31-year-old civil servant for allegedly proclaiming his atheism on Facebook.
The indictment of Alexander Aan under the Information Law that carries six years of imprisonment, is bogus, according to Sudarto, the director of the Center for Interfaith Community (Pusaka).
“The charges of blasphemy brou...
- Visiting Pyongyang, Jakarta's North Korean restaurant
- When two food trends collide: Martabak Samyang
- Jokowi warns Freeport
- When the devil cites the scripture...
- FPI leader to testify against Ahok next week
- Danger of terrorist recidivism in prisons
- Citilink’s first new Airbus A320neo arrives in Indonesia
- Grand launch of Kertajati Airport set for mid next year
- Jokowi and Turnbull to focus on economic, strategic links
- Police beef up security in Intan Jaya