Prosecution of suspected ‘atheist’ criticized
Syofiardi Bachyul Jb
The Jakarta Post
Activists in Padang, West Sumatra, are criticizing the authorities for prosecuting a 31-year-old civil servant for allegedly proclaiming his atheism on Facebook.
The indictment of Alexander Aan under the Information Law that carries six years of imprisonment, is bogus, according to Sudarto, the director of the Center for Interfaith Community (Pusaka).
“The charges of blasphemy brou...
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor
- Danny McBride to play Crocodile Dundee's son in new movie