Road to democracy in SE Asia long, bleak
The Jakarta Post
The international world may have celebrated the emergence of democracy in Myanmar, when the country held its by-elections on April 1, and become hopeful of further changes in Southeast Asia, but democracy is not being fully implemented in the region, a meeting concluded.
The Second Meeting of the Inter-Regional Dialogue on Democracy in Jakarta on Tuesday agreed that the Association of South...
- LNG import is a cheaper option: Luhut
- EDITORIAL: Strangers of the same race
- PAN may endorse Zulkifli to run in 2019 presidential poll
- Escaped Malaysian prisoner believed to be in home country: Bali Police
- Airport train to start operating in November
- Bank Mayapada to issue Rp 750 billion in bonds
- Jember airport development kicks off
- Model urges Kendari mayor to apologize for defaming her
- Court orders First Travel to repay customers
- 2018 state budget: Toward more inclusive growth?