Road to democracy in SE Asia long, bleak
The Jakarta Post
The international world may have celebrated the emergence of democracy in Myanmar, when the country held its by-elections on April 1, and become hopeful of further changes in Southeast Asia, but democracy is not being fully implemented in the region, a meeting concluded.
The Second Meeting of the Inter-Regional Dialogue on Democracy in Jakarta on Tuesday agreed that the Association of South...
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Modi talks tough on separatists after meeting Trudeau
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- Dangdut legend Elvi Sukaesih set to receive police summons for her children’s alleged drug abuse