Road to democracy in SE Asia long, bleak
The Jakarta Post
The international world may have celebrated the emergence of democracy in Myanmar, when the country held its by-elections on April 1, and become hopeful of further changes in Southeast Asia, but democracy is not being fully implemented in the region, a meeting concluded.
The Second Meeting of the Inter-Regional Dialogue on Democracy in Jakarta on Tuesday agreed that the Association of South...
- "Where are the trees?," Jokowi slams green programs
- Thousands protest in Jakarta against Trump's Jerusalem move
- Saudi Arabia hails Iraq victory over IS
- Indonesia seeks to impose import duties on intangible goods
- Indonesia to voice developmental concerns at WTO conference
- Lippo to hold rights issue in first quarter of 2018
- Potatoes for peace: how the humble tuber stopped conflict in Europe
- Major recall of Lactalis baby milk over salmonella fears
- Three suspected terrorists arrested in East Java
- Celebs sleep rough to raise money for Scotland's homeless