Road to democracy in SE Asia long, bleak
The Jakarta Post
The international world may have celebrated the emergence of democracy in Myanmar, when the country held its by-elections on April 1, and become hopeful of further changes in Southeast Asia, but democracy is not being fully implemented in the region, a meeting concluded.
The Second Meeting of the Inter-Regional Dialogue on Democracy in Jakarta on Tuesday agreed that the Association of South...
- Indonesian education index lower than Philippines, Ethiopia
- KPK found $200,000 during Andi Narogong’s arrest
- Candidates rachet up tensions
- US military aircraft waiting for repair team: Commander
- Densus 88 searches house of suspected terrorist in Ciputat
- Bali to join Earth Hour
- Barus now symbol of ‘Islam Nusantara’
- Papuan separatists end resistance, pledge allegiance to NKRI
- Papua to get 5 percent, Luhut says on Freeport divestment
- Residents in eastern Depok to have new hospital