Road to democracy in SE Asia long, bleak
The Jakarta Post
The international world may have celebrated the emergence of democracy in Myanmar, when the country held its by-elections on April 1, and become hopeful of further changes in Southeast Asia, but democracy is not being fully implemented in the region, a meeting concluded.
The Second Meeting of the Inter-Regional Dialogue on Democracy in Jakarta on Tuesday agreed that the Association of South...
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash