Introspection, harmony urged in life
Panca Nugraha and Bambang Muryanto
The Jakarta Post
Messages of self-reflection and harmony were sent out as Buddhists across the country observed Waisak 2556, or the Buddhist Day of Enlightenment, on Sunday.
Hundreds of followers at Lenek hamlet, Bentek village, in North Lombok, attended the Waisak procession at Sutta Dhamma, the oldest Buddhist temple in the regency.
Lenek hamlet, located 60 kilometers north of Mataram, the regional...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Australian archbishop guilty of concealing child sex abuse
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Five dead in India from Nipah virus, dozens quarantined
- Displaced for different beliefs