Council urged to endorse formation of Cirebon province
The Jakarta Post
Some 1,000 people held a rally at the provincial legislative council in Bandung on Wednesday to demand the accelerated formation of a new province of Cirebon.
The proposed province would separate Cirebon municipality, Cirebon, Indramayu, Kuningan and Majalengka regencies from the province of West Java. Leaders from four regions have given their consent, but councillors in Majalengka, throu...
- Hate speech clouds Indonesia's internet in 2016: Police
- AccorHotels to operate 200 hotels in Indonesia by 2020
- Churchgoers perform service amid rally in Cikarang
- More Cipinang inmates transferred to Nusakambangan
- Govt goes extra mile to accelerate land distribution
- Bandung wants more than ceremonial switch-off
- Soccer fan brawl in Tangerang, one death
- Turkey might hold referendum on EU membership: Erdogan
- Jakarta Police chief visits Santa Clara Church construction site
- Indonesia's Daud Yordan beats Thai boxer in 2nd round of non-title bout