Maria Loretha : Striving for food democracy
The Jakarta Post
Maria Loretha at her sorghum field in her backyard. Courtesy of Maria LorethaFarmer Maria Loretha is very fond of her home in Adonara Island, East Flores.
It was not always like that when she came in 1999 to live with her husband, Jeremias Letor, a native of the island in East Nusa Tenggara. After spending time as college sweethearts in Malang-based Merdeka University, she learned love the ...
- Kim becomes first North Korean leader to cross border into South since war
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- House ratifies protocol on financial services in ASEAN region
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Bank Indonesia open to rate rises
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- ‘Stranger Things’ coming to Universal Studios Singapore
- Ship's captain named suspect in Balikpapan oil spill