Maria Loretha : Striving for food democracy
The Jakarta Post
Maria Loretha at her sorghum field in her backyard. Courtesy of Maria LorethaFarmer Maria Loretha is very fond of her home in Adonara Island, East Flores.
It was not always like that when she came in 1999 to live with her husband, Jeremias Letor, a native of the island in East Nusa Tenggara. After spending time as college sweethearts in Malang-based Merdeka University, she learned love the ...
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?