‘Dangdut’ the collateral damage in the Gaga saga
The Jakarta Post
In the mainstream media, the recent Lady Gaga brouhaha has been seen as a conflict between Muslim conservatives and the decadence of the West, represented by the music and stage antics of the American female performer. No one, however, seemed to notice that in the midst of this fierce battle dangdut got caught in the crossfire.
The disappointment over the gig cancellation was so great that ...
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- Jambi tribes may not be able to vote in upcoming elections
- Video of Malaysian PM Mahathir driving Proton Perdana goes viral
- Police nab ‘conspiracy theorists’ following Surabaya bombings