Another civilian killed by ‘armed group’ in Papua
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
Yohanes Yanufrom, 30, became the latest victim of fatal violence that has escalated in Papua over the past few weeks.
Yohanes, the head of Sawio Tami village, Arso Timur district, Keerom regency, was reportedly shot dead by an unidentified group of armed assailants while riding his motorcycle from Sawio Tami to Workwana on Sunday at around 8 a.m. local time.
“After being gunned dow...
- Trump’s shadow over Freeport won’t bend Indonesia
- Police step up investigation into graft case involving Sylviana Murni
- FPI leader calls for withdrawal of banknotes with ‘communist symbol’
- Ahok in lead, followed by Anies, Agus after debate: Pollster
- Jakarta elections commission to engage public in sorting, folding ballots
- Singapore urged to speed up immigration checks for Indonesians
- Police urged to be more critical in handling public reports
- Fertilizer factory worth $1.5b to be developed in Papua
- Energy minister reported over mineral export ban relaxation
- Radicalism has dangerous effect on economy