Saminism followers want exemption from ‘religion section’ on e-ID
The Jakarta Post
With not adhering to specific religion, followers of the Sedulur Sikep faith, better known as Samin, have requested exemption from filling in religion section on their electronic identity cards (e-ID).
A Samin elder from Larikrejo village, Undaan district, Kudus regency, Central Java, Budi Santoso hoped the government would respect and recognize the option by Samin to leave the religion sec...
- Indonesia ready for Freeport tribunal
- Muslim group promises no violence at anti-Ahok rally
- Freeport gives government four months to negotiate new settlement
- Police to investigate North Korean restaurant on spy activity
- Police terminate investigation into UI lecturer’s alleged blasphemy
- Jakarta Police to deploy 10,000 personnel to anti-Ahok rally
- Indonesia's tough stance causes headache for tuna exporters
- Millenials ask Jokowi questions, their way
- Government may need to borrow for certain spending: Sri Mulyani
- Ahok credits Ciliwung River normalization project for reducing floods across Jakarta