Tourism industry responsible for water crisis in Bali: Expert
Rita A. Widiadana
The Jakarta Post
As tourism in Bali enjoys a robust period, the island is struggling to cope with diminishing water resources that have been overexploited to meet the increasing demand for clean water for tourist-related facilities, while the industry has done little to solve the problem, a study concluded.
Prominent British academic Dr. Stroma Cole, a senior lecturer in tourism geography at the University ...
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- Paris clashes over police killing of Chinese man injured three
- Vale Indonesia to spend US$90 million for smelter rejuvenation, expansion
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017
- Gorontalo orphanage molestation suspect previously convicted of same crime