Tourism industry responsible for water crisis in Bali: Expert
Rita A. Widiadana
The Jakarta Post
As tourism in Bali enjoys a robust period, the island is struggling to cope with diminishing water resources that have been overexploited to meet the increasing demand for clean water for tourist-related facilities, while the industry has done little to solve the problem, a study concluded.
Prominent British academic Dr. Stroma Cole, a senior lecturer in tourism geography at the University ...
- Mount Agung in Bali erupts
- Jokowi seeks advice from World Bank
- Bali airport not disrupted by Mt. Agung eruption
- Persecuted couple in Tangerang gets married
- Airport trains to start running early next month
- US arrests two Chinese oil company reps in Africa bribery scheme
- EDITORIAL: Managing foreign debt
- Police shoot dead alleged drug dealer from Taiwan
- E-visa service now available for Indonesians visiting Australia
- Victoria's Secret gala stumbles across the line in China