Tourism industry responsible for water crisis in Bali: Expert
Rita A. Widiadana
The Jakarta Post
As tourism in Bali enjoys a robust period, the island is struggling to cope with diminishing water resources that have been overexploited to meet the increasing demand for clean water for tourist-related facilities, while the industry has done little to solve the problem, a study concluded.
Prominent British academic Dr. Stroma Cole, a senior lecturer in tourism geography at the University ...
- Jakarta-born Rich Chigga tells Rolling Stone why he moved to LA
- Orangutan conservation: Government agencies no 'cleaning service'
- Four Indonesian destinations named best dive sites in Asia by CNN
- Lawmakers turn up in droves for election bill showdown
- Hizbut Tahrir may file lawsuit against disbandment: Police
- Italian citizen busted for possessing 'ajapa japa' tobacco
- Ruling coalition upbeat about keeping presidential threshold
- House’s Instagram tirade against KPK goes viral
- Police declare tougher approach against foreign drug smugglers
- Halal certification shouldn’t burden industry: F&B producers