Tourism industry responsible for water crisis in Bali: Expert
Rita A. Widiadana
The Jakarta Post
As tourism in Bali enjoys a robust period, the island is struggling to cope with diminishing water resources that have been overexploited to meet the increasing demand for clean water for tourist-related facilities, while the industry has done little to solve the problem, a study concluded.
Prominent British academic Dr. Stroma Cole, a senior lecturer in tourism geography at the University ...
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Porsche Centre Jakarta: The best place to take care of your luxury cars
- Government to set new coal price formula next week
- Online prostitution ring busted in Bekasi
- Could the Swedish trend of ‘plogging’ help you get fit in 2018?
- Organic farmers use natural seedling 'pots for higher yields