Tourism industry responsible for water crisis in Bali: Expert
Rita A. Widiadana
The Jakarta Post
As tourism in Bali enjoys a robust period, the island is struggling to cope with diminishing water resources that have been overexploited to meet the increasing demand for clean water for tourist-related facilities, while the industry has done little to solve the problem, a study concluded.
Prominent British academic Dr. Stroma Cole, a senior lecturer in tourism geography at the University ...
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Malaysia issues arrest warrants for ex-1MDB executives
- Thailand's cave boys wake up at home for first time in weeks
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Rapes and beatings: The torments of South Korea's young athletes
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Russian 'agent' held on charges of seeking to infiltrate US govt
- BMKG warns of high waves around Lombok
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul