Tourism industry responsible for water crisis in Bali: Expert
Rita A. Widiadana
The Jakarta Post
As tourism in Bali enjoys a robust period, the island is struggling to cope with diminishing water resources that have been overexploited to meet the increasing demand for clean water for tourist-related facilities, while the industry has done little to solve the problem, a study concluded.
Prominent British academic Dr. Stroma Cole, a senior lecturer in tourism geography at the University ...
- Trash inundates space underneath toll road in North Jakarta
- How healthy is too healthy? EU warns about green tea supplements
- Britain to ban sale of plastic straws in bid to fight waste
- Jakarta MRT to have women operators, maintenance officers
- Government raises demands to Facebook Indonesia
- Will Facebook Indonesia face criminal charges for data breach?
- Banjarnegara earthquake displaces more than 2,000
- Smartphone app promises speech therapy at your fingertips
- Iran, Iraq, Syria, Russia hold 'anti-terrorism' meet
- Jokowi to complete 38 strategic projects before term ends