Cloud-seeding planned in South Sumatra
The Jakarta Post
The Agency for the Assessment and Application of Technology (BPPT) in cooperation with the South Sumatra administration is planning to create cloud-seeding to help reduce the thick haze that is blanketing the province.
Head of the South Sumatra Forestry Office’s technical unit, Achmad Taufik, said the cloud-seeding would take place for 30 days starting from Oct. 7.
- Whale shark dead after being caught up in trawl
- Tight security prepared for King Salman’s visit to Bali
- Four must-watch films about North Korea
- Jokowi, Turnbull start day with relaxed morning walk around Royal Botanical Gardens
- Lawmakers to learn about counterterrorism legislation in UK, US
- Indonesia, Australia want peaceful resolution in settling regional disputes
- Six killed in Central Java bus plunge
- House prepares for King Salman's visit
- Kim Jong Nam died within 20 minutes of poisoning: Malaysia
- Divers collect waste in waters around Pramuka Island