‘The Act of Killing’ – documenting delusion
For almost half a century, Indonesia has avoided public discussions of the mass murders committed in 1965 and 1966. Now, just as the nation’s National Commission on Human Rights has declared the killings a “gross violation of human rights”, a new documentary film offers a startling way to confront the crimes.
Instead of investigating the facts behind the deaths, the film examin...
- EU launches defence pact it calls 'bad news for enemies'
- Three drug dealers sentenced to death in Riau
- City to cover expenses of Christmas celebration at Monas
- Jakarta’s floods claim life of toddler
- Indonesia wins trade dispute on fatty alcohols with EU
- Dalai Lama turns to iPhone to spread app-iness
- Ministries hand over voter data to KPU
- Singapore Airlines and SilkAir to roll out new airfare pricing
- Indonesia making progress in global ICT ranking
- PGI refuses to celebrate Christmas at Monas