‘The Act of Killing’ – documenting delusion
For almost half a century, Indonesia has avoided public discussions of the mass murders committed in 1965 and 1966. Now, just as the nation’s National Commission on Human Rights has declared the killings a “gross violation of human rights”, a new documentary film offers a startling way to confront the crimes.
Instead of investigating the facts behind the deaths, the film examin...
- Sandiaga Uno to establish sharia tourism zone in Jakarta
- Obama, entourage arrive in Yogyakarta
- Indonesia should think twice about military aid for Philippines: Expert
- Death toll in Marawi could rise 'significantly': Military
- Palace denies President and Vice President to get salary increases
- XL Axiata records 218% increase in data services
- Myanmar journalists charged, held in jail for covering armed group
- 17 new routes opened at AP II airports so far this year
- Fourth suspect named in N. Sumatra Police attack
- Government to flood market with frozen buffalo meat